Saturday, August 28, 2010

G'day Mate

Am having a little chill time with my laptop and proper internet connection since I left SD. Sending some photos to my dear mother who tried to call me many times while I was in Yellowstone where internet was non-existent and so was phone reception. Yellowstone was amazing. Back to nature, back to simplicity. Got to bathe in natural hot springs, saw geysers that propels jets of water up 10 metres in the air, smelt enough sulfuric acid to make me not want to eat eggs for a decent amount of time.

Might as well attach a few pictures while I'm at it:












































Captions since I can't be bothered figuring out how to make these pictures align.
First photo: me driving in Yellowstone, I pretty much drove the whole way there. Lots of windy roads, so hard trying not to fall asleep on the wheel sometimes because I had so little sleep. A little side note, I did get up to 82/83mph which is equivalent to about 130km, definitely the fastest I've ever driven (or am allowed to drive in Australia).
Second photo:
one of the many hot springs in Yellowstone. The brilliant colours are given off by the microorganisms that live in them.
Third photo:
my dad and I at the Old Faithful sign. Shit load of people watching a 4 minute eruption.
Fourth photo:
Old Faithful at its peak. The eruption occurs in several stages and the initial stages spewed out tiny bursts which had everyone cameras/camcords ready anticipating the big one.
Fifth photo: Grand Teton National Park which we passed on our way to the Jackson Hole airport. Picture perfect. It almost looks like the icon Windows use as the default picture icon.
Sixth photo:
enjoying some pizza on the waterfront with beautiful scenery.
Seventh photo: Yet another plane ride, this time I tried to catch sunset. I swear I have been on more planes this year than I have in my entire life before this year. More flights to catch soon.
Eighth photo:
back in SF. Second time around, like it a little more than the first time but still can't see what the hype was for this city.

I think the plan is off to Stanford tomorrow, then it's off to Grand Canyon for a few days. Meanwhile, I'm hitting the sack because I need to drive again tomorrow.

Baaaaah, sheep(s).

By the way, the Australian political scene is a mess right now. Why are these things happening when I am away? I couldn't even freaking vote ><

1 comment:

  1. nice to know you're having a good time =) One trick to not fall asleep while driving, only have a little bit of food every now and again.

    ReplyDelete