Sunday, May 2, 2010

Anyway

This poem was read out by someone during the protest last quarter. (Call me ignorant but that was the first time I've heard that poem.) It's been stuck in my head for a while now and I've finally decided to look it up.

Anyway - Mother Teresa
People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centred;
Forgive them anyway.


If you're kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you're successful, you'll win some false friends and some true enemies;

Succeed anyway.


If you're honest and frank, people may cheat you;

Be honest and frank anyway.


What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;

Build anyway.


If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.


The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;

Give the best you've got anyway.


You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God;

It was never between you and them anyway.

~~~

Once again have been doing some thinking. Sometimes I think I think too much and act too little. Apparently that's what introverts are meant to be like. I also think that sometimes I try to take in the views from too many angles and that hinders my making a decision. Maybe I can take a leaf from Nike's slogan - Just Do It. (By the way, Adidas is soooo much bettI er. Impossible is Nothing.)

I also had a realisation today - it's going to be so hard living back home now that I've lived away from my parents for so long. It'll be an interesting transition period when I get home.

~~~

I haven't figured out how to embed audio from an internet site into my posts yet, bear with me, I'm not the most tech-savvy person either.




1 comment:

  1. Coming home last summer after spending my first year away from home was so hard. It's easy just to leave your apartment at whatever time of the day or night, not telling people where you go off to or what you're doing. Even if you just want to go take a walk. But at home, I couldn't ever do that. I always had to check in and have my mom keep tabs on me. That was pretty hard. It's going to be pretty hard again. There was one night that was really bad. I just wanted to get out and take a walk except it was like 2 in the morning and walking around your neighborhood alone is very different from walking around campus alone. I ended up getting dressed, then drawing this huge picture of a bird in a cage on my wall.
    All I can say is good luck.

    ReplyDelete