Thursday, May 13, 2010

Utterly Amused; Totally Satisfied

It feels like Friday night because it's Sun God tomorrow and no one is working. I decided to join the pack of non-workers, not in their partying, but in their non-working. I was looking up some other random thing and came across this site with very random facts.

About California
  • One California law states that sunshine is guaranteed to all people.
  • San Jose was the original capital of California.
  • The town of Los Angeles, California, was originally named "El Pueblo la Nuestra Senora de Reina de los Angeles de la Porciuncula".
  • The state of California raises the most turkeys out of all of the states.

World Cup
(By the way, I am soooooo excited!!! I've already made my bettings on which teams are going to make it through to the second round.)

  • Brazil last won the world cup in 1994. Before that they won it in 1970. Add 1970 and 1994, it equals 3964.
  • Germany last won in 1990. Before that they won in 1974. Add 1990 and 1974, it equals 3964.
  • Argentina last won the world cup in 1986. Before that they won it in 1978. Add 1978 and 1986, it equals 3964.
  • So going by this logic, The winner of the 2002 world cup is the same as the 3964 - 2002 = 1962 world cup. The 1962 world cup was won by Brazil. It was really Brazil who won!!!
And my favourite...
  • All swans in England are the property of the queen or king.
~~~

Just came back from playing racquetball! How did I end up playing racquetball? Because I wanted to play squash at 10pm at night and thought today was a good day for it. Why did I not end up playing squash? Because the ball was not very bouncy which I thought it should've been. How did we end up playing racquetball? Because we saw other people playing it in another court with a very bouncy ball and decided that we wanted to go bouncy. Conclusion - I like :D. Have decided that I need a little bit more spontaneity in my life.


~~~

Had this song stuck in my all week long! And Indako's going to play me Fur Elise on the piano soooon! Wooohooo!




1 comment:

  1. Hells yes, there's always sunshine here. Unless, you know, it's cloudy.

    ReplyDelete