Saturday, October 2, 2010

Oh Santa

So MC is finally releasing another Christmas album after 16 years! I am very excited about this project. I have already pre-ordered my copy on Amazon. I might get a DVD version too.

The new single Oh Santa premiered today on the web. It's not another All I Want For Christmas Is You but it definitely holds its own ground. I must say though, the beginning reminded me very much of Hey Mickey. It's rather catchy but I still need time for it to grow on me. I can't say it's bad but I was expecting a more classy production. I think there's too much going on in the background and I can hardly hear MC sing at times.

So I am looking forward to this album, Merry Christmas II You, a lot since there will be 4 original songs written by MC including Oh Santa.

If you're not familiar with MC's last Christmas album (which I'm sure many people aren't), there were 3 original songs on there written by MC, including the infamous classic All I Want For Christmas Is You. There is also Miss You Most (one of my all time favourite) and Jesus Born On This Day.

I think the only time I have ever felt the urge to become Christian is when I listen to MC sing. Her gospel songs are freaking amazing.



  

I cannot wait until it's Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment