Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Panda Express

I am currently rejoicing on the inside at having obtained the last scoop of Orange Chicken and Beijing Beef from Panda Express for dinner. For those of you who don't know what Panda Express is, it is basically the fastfood version of a proper Chinese meal. A lot more oil, a lot more MSG, completely drenched in sour that is way too salty for the health of my heart but sadly it is the only thing left open at the Price Centre.

So why am I still at uni? Because I am stuck in lab. Probably until 11/12pm. I should be happy that I have my own projects already after only having worked in the lab for 2 months. Wait, I am happy and feel extremely lucky (as Aereas keeps reminding me ><). It is great experience for future lab work, applying what I've learnt in class and presentation skills (lab presentations).

The problem is the long hours. Most of the time, I am in the lab 10-12 hours everyday. If I had to do this for everyday of my life, I think I'd die. Not only am I stuck indoors, I am stuck indoors for long periods of time. I can't even tell whether it's sunny, cloudy or raining outside these days. Baaaaah.

We were just saying that we'll be getting a futon in the lab because one of the guys didn't have a place to sleep on when he works late. He even had his sleeping bag in the lab, and it was used.

Being a research scientist is bleak if you don't like it. You're always stuck indoors, you're always reading in your spare time, and a lot of the time the work you do isn't even that exciting.

I knew this wasn't for me, but had to try to know for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Team Project put me in the labs for 3-5 days in a row without leaving.

    WHY??

    Project was due very soon and we didn't have anything working. Plus my team members were Scallywags. YARG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we're suffering together. As engineers.

    ReplyDelete